Living green is not complicated. Like you, I frown at anything with a full-page user direction. But living green is really not that hard. It’s good for you, everyone around you including your pets, and most importantly the earth we live in. So here we go, these easy tips will put a “green grin” on your face. It is easy to do, I promise.
1. Turn off lights, turn off appliances, turn down heat/AC, unplug when you leave the room.
2. Use your oven less. (Oven can eat up a lot of power).
3. Cut back on the use of cars. It adds air pollution and oil consumption.
4. Use public transportation, carpools and ride-share.
5. Instead of using dryers, air-dry your clothes. (drying racks are available at local stores)
6. Use laptops instead of desktop computers, which use more energy.
7. Do not let water run when shaving or brushing teeth.
8. Turn off shower when shampooing.
9. Cut back on disposables, use reusable items.
10. Buy ‘Energy Star’ certified appliances.